By His Name The Most High
- Following the rulings of Grand Ayatollah Sayyed Abul-Qasim al-Khoei (may Allah's mercy be upon him), the holy month of Dhul-Hijja 1436 AH starts on Tuesday 15 September 2015.
- Following the rulings of Grand Ayatollah Sayyed Ali al-Sistani (may Allah protect him), since the moon crescent for the Holy Month of Dhul-Hijja 1436 AH has not been sighted on Monday evening, therefore Wednesday 16 September 2015 will be the first day of the blessed month in France, Switzerland, UK/Ireland, Germany.
The Imam al-Khoei Cultural Association congratulates you on the new holy month of Dhul-Hijja 1436 AH, and here are the following events:
- 01 Dhul-Hijja: Marriage of Imam Ali al-Murtadha & Sayyeda Fatima al-Zahra -pbut-
- 07 Dhul-Hijja: Martyrdom of Imam Muhammad al-Baqir -pbuh-
- 08 Dhul-Hijja: Tarwiya Day
- 09 Dhul-Hijja: Arafa Day, Martyrdom of Muslim ibn Aqil -pbuh-
- 10 Dhul-Hijja: Eid al-Adha (Sacrifice Feast) Day
- 15 Dhul-Hijja: Birth of Imam Ali al-Hadi -pbuh-
- 18 Dhul-Hijja: Eid al-Ghadir (Ghadir Feast) Day
- 24 Dhul-Hijja: Eid al-Mubahala (Mubahala Feast) Day
The events within this month will be progressively posted on the website.
It is recommended according to Shaikh Abbas al-Qummi's book Mafatih al-Jinan (Keys of the Heavens) to do the following (source: source: Mafatih al-Jinan (arabic) and credits to Duas.org for their efforts of translating to english):
- Fast the 9 first days of the month
- At each of these ten nights (including the night before the first night of the holy month), it is recommended to offer a two unit prayer between the maghrib and ishaa obligatory prayers and to recite at each unit surah al-Fatihah once, surah al-Tawhid once, and the following verse (7/142): The reward of offering this prayer is to participate in the rewards of those who go on hajj.
- other recommended actions on http://www.duas.org/zilhajj/zil1to9.htm#IMAGE_FORMAT_DUAS